Starting February 2014 this blog will be out of action.

But DO NOT DESPAIR. We've just moved, and you can still find the same riveting and informative posts that you have come to expect on our new blog:

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

St. George Final

As some of you may recall, I planned to tackle one of these two final St. George pieces in oil.  This was the piece I chose. 

Oil Underpainting

Things started off really well. But after finishing the underpainting, I ran into some minor health issues... 

Side effects may include...

And I turned into a monster and ate my neighbors.
Apparently my problem is that I cannot seem to manage to paint what I want without solvents and solvents just don't agree with me. 
So, while I sit here filing down my fangs and waiting for the manufacturers to solve this problem,  I tackled this piece digitally, in the same manner as the previous St. George painting.  

Digital Underpainting

St. George #10
12 x 16
Pencil and Digital

Note: This post is a re-post from Muddy Colors.  To check out the original post and comments visit Muddycolors.blogspot.com

Monday, August 01, 2011

St. George Process Articles on Muddy Colors

Recently, along with a few secret projects that I am not allowed to discuss even under pain of death, I have been working on a small show for Gallery Nucleus.  It is based on St. George and the Dragon and it goes up on August 6th.  

To see some of the methods used in the creation of these pieces, check out the Muddy Colors links below.