WE'VE MOVED!

WAIT, NO. HIDE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Starting February 2014 this blog will be out of action.

But DO NOT DESPAIR. We've just moved, and you can still find the same riveting and informative posts that you have come to expect on our new blog:

Monday, November 24, 2008

Bilbo and the Trolls: Final Digital Treatment

justin gerard illustration the hobbit bilbo and the three trolls

"You're a fat fool, William," said Burt, "as I've said afor this evening.
"And you're a lout!" said William.
"And I won't take that from you, Bill Huggins!" and Burt put his fist in William's eye.



Next up: The Great Goblin!

12 comments:

  1. My favorite touch is how the glow of fire provides the only warm tones in the piece. Kudos! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome - loving seeing these pieces as they progress and then the final knockout finished masterpieces!!!

    Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at this illustration earlier this morning but didn't have the chance to comment till now. I think that the trolls design is awesome, they look like a mix of some kind of primate and reptile, and as Loren Eaton said, the lighting is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Absolutely fantastic!
    Z-Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the moonlight on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some UGLY trolls. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, man. This turned out beautifully. I was really looking forward to this one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should sell prints @ comic-con!

    stupendous detail, sir...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous. I like how Bilbo is a little lighter than everything else around him. He really stands out. I am really liking this project.

    ReplyDelete