WE'VE MOVED!

WAIT, NO. HIDE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Starting February 2014 this blog will be out of action.

But DO NOT DESPAIR. We've just moved, and you can still find the same riveting and informative posts that you have come to expect on our new blog:

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Hobbit featured on Tor.com


Recently, I did an interview with the wonderful Irene Gallo of Tor Books on the Hobbit illustrations. Many of you will already know Irene from her work in the fantastic arts community and from her blog, which is a great source for what is afoot in the illustration and sci-fi art world. Others of you may remember her from an earlier Quickhidehere post on Comicon 08. This new interview on the Hobbit illustrations is now up on Tor.com. In it you will find a lot more about the process and thinking behind the illustrations as well as my take on how to roundhouse kick your way through an economic recession. Check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    Your defiantly round house kicking these paintings!

    GOD PLEASE!!!! MAKE A GNOMON VIDEO OF YOUR PROCESS!!!!!

    I'll buy them all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edit... Sorry about my bad spelling... I know..

    I should keep this handy at all times.
    http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

    hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding your blog has been a highlight of this past year for me. Thanks for the inspiration. And great interview you did there. Thanks for the heads up on Paul Bonner. I bought his artbook after checking his work out. Can;t wait to leaf through it.

    ReplyDelete